2007-07-09

Monday mix

It's been a week since I started working at new place, but I'm not sure if I can make any conclusions during that short period of time. But still:
- Does it seem harder? Yes, but that's what I wanted (how do they call those people?)
- Do I miss old place? Yes, but not that much as first days (Sorry, guys...). I still remember everyone, but it's not that hopelessly sad anymore. Probably, it will be impossible to forget, as we have soccer game scheduled every Tuesday ( if(!rain) && (!storm)).

My mind is confused with 3 different version control systems: VSS(Visual source safe), CVS and SVN. Definitely there is no point is using them all, but there are cases when one has advantage against another version control system. Not in my opinion, but to some smart folks out there in internet, VSS is loosing very much vs.CVS . although the difference between CVS and SVN is not that big. And the experience using either of these really depends on tools You use, even very good version control system with bad tools can be annoying, but some "features" can't be fixed even with the best tools. And it's hard to say if I have my personal favorite: with VSS I have most client-side experience, with SVN I have most administrating experience and with CVS I have tried lots of GUI 's until I ended up using it with command-line arguments.

One friend asked me to setup or build a DKP system. Seems like nothing worthy to setup. Probably I'll train my cakePHP skills baking a new one(for impatient ones, real beauty of baking php sites starts there).

Other important news: The Earth is about 5 cm's smaller.

No comments: