2014-12-26

End of roaming in Rome (part 7)

Last day in Rome. Feels like I've been there too long. Not that I've seen everything, but not everything that I see excites me anymore.
Don't trust the italians too much and don't trust the italian weather forecast - but it turns out to be a good thing(the last one) - a perfectly cloudless blue sky, sun and some wind. Because of the last one, it felt a little bit colder, but if you stay in the sun - it's ok.
Being rewarded with perfect weather my options for today were limitless. I recalled not seeing some churches and squares, also decided to give Spanish stairs another shot - went there in the morning - it was less crowded on the stairs - probably because they were wet after night. And today didn't have the calmness of yesterday - streets were busy again with cars and people. I don't recall all the churches I had to visit and visited, but some were visited twice.
I wandered around and it was about lunch time. I turned to trip advisor for help, went looking for panini place, but ended up in a little trattoria - just about at the right time - still empty, but people started gathering very quickly. I had ravioli with ricotta and spinach and tomato sauce and a pana cota for dessert - totally delicious - I was full of energy to move forward.
Castel del San Angel - a big castle and former pop's residence and a place for hiding. It was enough for me to look at it from the outside. From there I just walked slowly on the banks of Tevere enjoying the sun and taking pictures for few hours.
Just before sunset I managed to jump few metros for Pincio Hill panorama view, then for some pizza at Zizzi Pizza place (if you ever be there, it's worth a try) and late present shopping.
Day is over, need to get some rest before the scary night walk to Termini station.

No comments: