2015-11-08

Riga's circus miracle

Second and the last day in Riga. Neighbors in hostel were partying till 6am. They didn't bother me a lot, but made sure I woke up before alarm clock. The other sound I heard in the morning was the one of the pouring rain. Weather forecasters were not wrong this time and I started planning in my head where to hide, but not totally waste my time till 5pm - when my bus leaves. Yesterday evening I went to cinema, so, I didn't to go there second day in a row. And it's not because I didn't like it - the movie was good, as good as the movie about James Bond can be. They didn't warn me that ads before movie are half an hour long. And it's not only movie trailers. I saw very little of those. Shouldn't the ticket cost less if I'm watching their ads? But, no, it was more expensive than in Lithuania.
So, today I decided to try something different. And much more expensive than cinema! Guess what!? Riga's circus! Established in 1888 the posters were boasting about unique show in Europe "Gigantic Fountain Show". Can you imagine the circus floor transforming during the show and making incredible fountains synced with acrobats and clowns performances. Add lasers to this and you have a spectacular sight. Not all performances were water-themed, if I were a circus manager I would have pushed it to the limits. But still, it truly made me laugh, and awe and clench my knuckles for those acrobats on the rope with tied eyes. And the last thirty seconds of water and laser effects are the best - it's hard to describe what I have seen- but at that moment I knew I wasn't feeling sorry for those 20 euros I paid. Ok, I wasn't thinking about money in that moment at all.

No comments: