2015-11-19

A lesson on history

It's past middle of November and it's BuildStuffLT conference happening again. I'm in Vilnius again, but this time I'm there under different conditions. My friends I was staying with last year moved out to Norway and Kaunas, and now I am staying in a hotel. And it is good to pretend being a tourist in your own country. I found a following booklet in my hotel room, which made me think for a while:


Was I given incorrect information in my history lessons? Between the first and second World Wars when the district of Vilnius was occupied by Poland, the capital of Lithuania was Kaunas for twenty years, being the second biggest city of Lithuania now. Maybe those twenty years is not enough to earn the title of historical capital, who knows. Anyway, this post is not about the wars of two major cities in country, or maybe... Good news is that, this year Christmas tree in Kaunas will be the best Christmas tree of Lithuania. You may ask, how do I know? Well, a long track of records of winning this competition. Book your cheap flight/bus tickets to Kaunas for December. I hear rumors that this year the Christmas tree will be a smart one, that is, connected to internet and similar stuff.

No comments: