2015-04-29

Couchsurfing, 10k and Gregory Porter

Last weekend i had my first couchsurfing hosting experience, I took a hitchhiker first time in my life and I fell on the ground while running my 10k. First two experiences where rather fun, and the last one - quite painful and it's still lasting. But i learned a few lessons. First, if everyone is taking the left side of the road - follow  them. Right is not always better than left. Second - if you fall down, just get up and run. Momentary pain is sharp, but walking back(or giving up)- is shameful. Of course, if you have a broken bone, don't follow my last advice. But if it's just bruised palms or bloody knees - you can run 8K more. This might sound a bit extreme, but in life we rarely fall literally - but we might get our ego bruised. If the goal is worth it - everyone can handle a little bit suffering.
This flight resulted in me not going to tango lessons. Having a free Sunday evening, I ended up going to the best concert I've been in my life - Gregory Porter. And in live he sounds way better than on records. But anyway, just listen to his "liquid spirit" or "musical genocide". And this concludes to the third lesson - bad experiences can lead to good ones.

No comments: