2015-05-14

some couchsurfing experience

Just yesterday I officially finished hosting my 5th guest from Couchsurfing. And it all happened just in 2 and a half weeks. If I can't come to world, the world is coming to me. Probably I've been very lucky - all my guests were wonderful whether they stayed for the whole day or just needed a place to crash. With each of them I had amazing and interesting conversations. I hope I'm becoming a better conversationalist myself and I'm always glad to practice my English.
Some of them wanted a tour of the city, which made me think that there isn't that much to show to tourists in it. But what seems usual and boring to us - is a totally different thing for a foreigner coming from other side of the world. All you have to do is add an interesting story to it. And to do that you have to do a research, which might lead you to that your town or city is not so boring or common. What I'm struggling now with - how to tell different stories each time and not to repeat myself.

No comments: