2015-04-05

Last day, Istanbul

Leading double life - being tourist at day and dancing salsa at night - requires lots of energy from me. I ended up being very tired. So, tired that I can't sit down to describe the things I've seen during the day. So, this is the second day I'm in this state. Now just trying to "pay my debts" while sitting in the hostel's bar, drinking the beer and watching the sun go down into the misty cloud over the roof tops of Taksim district.
I went to four workshops today after getting to sleep for four hours. Just before that I partied until 5am, barely walked to my hostel with bloody toes and my feet one size bigger. I almost could put my shoes on.
Yesterday was a fruitful day in a sense of covered kilometers - Topkapi palace. A beautiful place, I would recommend for history and ornaments lovers, but very cool for inside expositions.
From the first day of this vacation I realized one thing, but waited for it to confirm. Yes, you can hook on to travels. Yes, new places you see excite you. But the best thing you have to experience - is meeting new people while on vacation. Staying at hotel and traveling on your own makes it harder, but staying at the hostel makes the difference. - it's just that simple. I hope I have made some good friends after this vacation, with whom a friendship will last longer than this week.
The sun has colored the feather shaped clouds in a pale orange. Many layers of rooftops - mosques, just old buildings decorated with tv antennas and pigeons, and seagulls - all drowning in golden bright light. Watching this sunset makes me realize it's a perfect place and moment for someone like me to be.


No comments: