2015-12-27

Snow, trains, Oslo and other things

But you should actually reserve a train ticket in Norway. Jumping from one seat to another is no fun at all. The up side is that you may talk to different people if they are not sleeping, and the downside is that you may be politely asked out to free the seat. So, today I experienced both things. The old lady that I got a chance to sit next to was very kind and talked English pretty well. So, we talked a lot and shared our thoughts about Christmas in Lithuania and Norway. She even explained me the meaning and purpose of colors of Norwegian houses.
Have I told that we finally have some snow there, haven't I? Well, we do. And when it snows, it snow we differently than in Lithuania. In Lithuania most of the snow melts right away. In Åmli and surrounding locations it stays a bit longer. And as always it has it's upsides and downsides. The beauty of the nature becomes even more stunningly beautiful. The downside - well, if it snows too much - you might stay at home even if you have a planned trip. Especially, if your is no good for winter conditions - just like my friend's. So, we didn't go to Arendal as planned. But then I got to go to Oslo earlier. That means more time in Oslo! Yeah, right... The wind is so cold there sometimes, that I have to stop breathing. And six hours is way too much to spend just in train station. I had to run an errand - retrieve my cards that I so unexpectedly forgot under my bed in hostel(don't ask how I manage to do this, but it's way better than losing them somewhere else).
Then I walked on a slippery roof of Opera and Ballet theater, went out for a cup of spicy chai latte in Starbucks and ended up in a really interesting place In Brenneriveien street - with graffitis on the wall and really huge chandelier hanging just in the street. Funny thing, that I was lured there by blue light under the bridge.
Two and a half hours till night train to Trondheim leaves. I was planning to go there tomorrow morning, but then I would have had very little time in Trondheim. I guess, the snow changing my plans turned out to be a good thing.

Snowy Nelaug's train station

No comments: