2015-12-28

Monday in Trondheim

A night train ride wasn't that exciting, but tiresome it was. Ok, except for the part where I noticed that there was -14 degrees outside somewhere between Oslo and Trondheim. Oh, boy! I thought, but the temperature ended up a bit milder than that - "only" minus 8. I couldn't survive with jeans and warming underpants layer, but when I switched to skiing pants, it got a lot better. Then I bought a scarf and one more layer of gloves. Having sorted out the cold fighting armour, I was ready for sightseeing. I knew about the Trondheim's Nidaro Cathedral:


It's not only very beautiful, elegant, but it is being warmed from inside. But the ticket is quite expensive as for entrance to cathedral(80 NOK). There are few museums as well, but because it's holidays and because it's Monday, most of them were closed.
As my time in Trondheim and daylight were very limited, I did the walking tours that were suggested in tourist map. I happened to be there when the sun decided to go up, so, the buildings were in really beautiful shades. They are beautiful by themselves, but with a light touch of sun, they were like from fairy tale. The old wooden houses in the old town seem like ordinary ones. But they aren't. Hugging the canal, beautifully decorated for Christmas that just passed - they are perfect. Same perfect picture was reflecting in canal water.


Then I strolled along the fjord coast and headed for the Kristiantens fortress(there you can find many canons, as well). It was the right time - the sun started setting down. Oh, I did sweat a lot, but the view of the city was rewarding. I sweat even more when I had to descend the hill - the snow was pressed so much, that the protector of my shoes had no effect.



Trondheim is one of those cities, that makes you want come back at different seasons - to find out what colours and shades it will wear then. But tomorrow morning I'm leaving for Bodø.

No comments: