2015-12-30

Arriving at abodø

What Excel I could probably have for not writting a post yesterday? Well, the day literally pasėdėti though my eyes. It was a train ride day from Trondheim to Bodø and it took almost ten hours. 3 cups of cacao and other eatable stuff. I arrived here before 6 and no surprise - it was already dark. This place called Bodø is a little bit above arctic circle, so, that explains a lot. Once I stepped out the the train that after making two steps forward I was making one backwards - the wind was so strong. And it was all ice on the pavements and roads - my biggest nightmare. But somehow I dragged my luggage with broken handle to a hostel next to train station up to the third floor and received a room on the 2nd - oh, well lots of luggag dragging. Then I was told that it's actually a nice weather, but it doesn't change the fact that there is nothing to do in Bodø(not exactly the truth).  I met other guests at the living room and they were talking about going there tomorrow, that is today.  At 1am. OK. That's not normal, but there is no other reasonable options. Well, there is, but they aren't reasonably priced. But the earliest(and cheapest) plane was leaving just before 5am. Well, I thought - that's way much better. At least I would have more time to sleep before flight. So, I thought. And I bought tickets - I tried once on iPad, once on my smartphone, but I succeeded only normal pc. Any normal person having an early morning flight would go to sleep earlier, I went to hunt for Northern Lights with another guest and hostel employee - so, having almost personal guide and expert on all the slippery roads and paths in Bodø, I acted on impuls. We couldn't see any northern lights, but at we least had a good exercise in refreshing((re)freezing, I mean) weather.

No comments: