2015-09-13

Celebrating programmer's day!

Today is the 256th day of the year and in the world of programmers, it's their day of the year. What makes me worry is that in google's home page there is a baguette picture and clicking on it points to the history of it. What the ... ? I have nothing against it, but as an IT giant, shouldn't google be celebrating programmer's day instead of baguette's 22nd anniversary of official recognition?
I must admit, I haven't written a single line of code today and there are two reasons for this. First - it's Sunday. Second - it's a Vilnius marathon day and I was running my modest 10K run. I haven't been doing proper training (except insanity workouts) and it reflects on my results (which even in my best condition is something so unimpressive, that I won't share it with you). Few years ago, even 5K run was a big challenge for me, but now 10K doesn't frighten me anymore. Sure, I want to up the ladder of the distance a little bit more and run a half-marathon. It's doable in my current condition, I think, but it's a huge physical impact on a body - so, I won't do it unless I feel totally prepared for it.
The main reason for this is not the fact that one of today's runners, being in healthy condition, has lost consciousness and died in the hospital. Although that kind of perspective doesn't fascinate me, ending up with less serious traumas and injuries will still affect how I move after that half-marathon. I think being prepared mentally isn't enough. Simple as that.
And finally... This picture below isn't a photoshop (you can tell that from the bad quality)! This was a real sight I was awarded after running 10K, walking 6K more and meeting with my friends at Vilnius old town after that. (And now I know a place where I can stuff myself with delicious doughnuts with cheese filling in Vilnius!)
Hot air balloons in Vilnius Old Town, no, Vilnius Old Town on hot air balloons!

No comments: