2016-01-01

A lazy day of the 1st of January

So, I had very little sleep. As normal. The checkout from hostel was until 11am, and I wanted to have my breakfast. I had meeting today at 12am with a fellow couch surfer, which had kindly replied to my public request. So, he took me to see the same hill we were exploring at night while hunting for northern lights. He let me borrow his gear for walking on ice, so, we could climb the actual hill - Rønvikfjellet - a raven hill. Then we hiked to the three lakes: the lower one, the upper and the black one. Some being fully, some partially covered in ice. While we hiked we were fighting the wind at the same time. Thank god, I had my heavy backpack on, otherwise I could have been thrown from the hill. Well, maybe not really, but it could have been closer. So, I had the opportunity to observe the Bodø from the very top - magnificent view. Then the fellow took me to the beach With a light blue water. They call it Osvika. I liked the sound of that name, partly because it has a shorter name of me in it.
As the rest of the day - sheltering in a living room of hostel, as my train leaves late in the evening, reading a book "Quest for Adventure" by Chris Bonington, looking for inspiration for my next journey.

No comments: