2007-08-12

Prelude of Suite for Cello #1

I don't know how familiar to you is a feeling when you can't get something out of your head. For me it happens often. For example, if I hear a piece of music and can't identify who wrote it or performed, which leads to I can't download it and replay it. I get really obsessed with that something I can't identify until I find out what it is. Sometimes I get lucky very soon, and sometimes I have to wait far more longer until I know. I put all my efforts in googling by keywords which I think would help me. And sometimes it's because of that hard work and sometimes only luck helps me achieve what I was hunting for.
My latest "obsession" was Bach's Prelude of Suite for Cello No.1. First I heard it on TV Series "Criminal Minds", then on TV Series "House M.D.". Finally, I got lucky by finding a torrent of soundtrack for 3rd season of "House M.D.". It's really worth it the wasted time. And the more people I can tell how beautiful this piece of music is, the more it pays off. If you are not very against classical music, please take a few minutes to listen to it.

Though I find this suite performed by Yo-Yo-Ma is way better (in case this music catches your heart and you want to hear a better performance).

No comments: