2007-08-07

anime that inspired me

Not long ago I finished watching Ghost in the Shell (GITS) anime. Then I watched the movies for it I haven't seen. Then the movies I have seen. Amazing. This is probably old stuff and very well known for those who have been with computers for sometime, and for those who love Anime of course (it fits even if you like only cyberpunk). But also it may be a great discovery for someone who is new to this stuff. Especially, knowing that it's Anime that inspired Matrix creators. Actually it's a must-see-it for computerized persons.
It's not secret that some writers and creators for GITS are the same as for film "Avalon". Of course the theme is similar, but I also found other details which are in common and I wonder how these things are connected. The detail to mention would be a basset dog, which was a pet of main character in "Avalon" and it was also a pet for Batou from GITS. Who knows.
Anyway, it's a very good anime, a must-see-it along with S.Lukjanenko's "Labyrinth of reflections" and "False mirros", and of course "Matrix". Probably I'll have to extend the list one day.

No comments: