2016-11-07

A bit of Warsaw

After two days spent in Warsaw I can't find any good enough reasons why i wasn't coming there more often. Yes, Polish language is strange, it sounds similar to Russian,  but not similar enough to completely understand it. Reading it is easier(once you figure out those 4 consonants in a row), but the way they transform some letters (i mean, how could somebody write a "ł", ans pronounce it like "v"???). Ok, every language is strange for a foreigner. and it's not a reason to avoid a city so big and so close.
I didn't go to museums or galleries (shame on me), i was busy with dancing and catching up with a sleep. And finding comfortable shoes. so, the things I'm taking with me from Warsaw:
+ i was locked for half an hour in an airbnb apartment i was staying. doesn't really count as a kidnapping - but i had a few weird perspectives in my mind for that moment.
+ caramel store with a live "show" of making those. i 'm not really a a fan of hard candies, but i like how it filled the air with a sweet smell.
- i couldn't find a post office that would work on Sunday - for that reason i couldn't send any paper postcards. i wish they just stell them in kiosks, liks they do in my country.
+ music everywhere - from music box musician to playing Chopin's benches, live tango music in the festival to a coffee shop with a perfect playlist with me. i went there twice, and it always played a music genre or artist i enjoy - tango nuevo, Gregory Porter or salsa.
Yes, I'm definitely coming back for Warsaw.

No comments: