2014-11-23

Snowy ride home

If it's snowing outside and you are out of your city, you should probably stick to habits. And if a google maps is suggesting a faster route, you should probably listen to it...
I was walking to my car with a cup of hot spicy tea in my hands, snow flakes everywhere and trying to get into my eyes and nose. Thoughts like "I will have to use a shovel to get to my car" where also trying to get into my head. Although it was cold and windy and slippery at the same time, all I could think how beautiful it was black sky and everything else in white. I guess sounds of Ravel's "Bolero" still ringing in my ears helped a lot for appearance of such thoughts. I wish I could take a picture of the view, but the phone in my pocket was dead after frequent usage during day at build stuff conference.
When I finally got to my car, I didn't need to shovel, I just had to brush my car off. Charged my phone, warmed the windows and started driving. Although I perfectly new the usual way out of city, I hoped to take another, faster one. I hoped so at least. What I ended up was driving through small villages which probably was a shorter route. But because of the snow, I drove so slowly, so I could stay on the road and have a car in my control. At one point in time, google maps suggested a faster route, but I ignored it and it resulted in a drive 1 hour longer than it supposed to be. I can't complain a lot, the drive was thrilling (roads uncleaned and slippery) and I came up to some beautiful churches covered in snow in small unnamed villages, which probably I wouldn't have done, if I listened to technology.

No comments: